Seneca College students, faculty and staff may submit their picture to be used on their own OneCard. In order to have your OneCard ready for you upon your arrival, please submit a color snapshot showing a full front view of your head and shoulders according to the requirements shown on this site. By submitting this photo for your OneCard you agree this photo may be used by Seneca College. Please contact the OneCard Office if you have questions about this policy at 416.491.5050 ext: 22087 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To begin, click on the "Get Started Now" button located on the Home page.
The above photos represent acceptable photos. If you prefer, you can have your photo taken by one of the many retail establishments offering passport photo services. Many of them are able to provide you with a digital copy of the photo which you can then easily upload to our system.
When taking your photo, please use the following as guidelines to ensure your photo is accepted:
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of subject
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast in the photo
- Subject's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Background should be plain white or off-white
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features of subject should be clearly evident in the photo
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Digital photos should be produced without discernible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible
- The entire face should be in focus
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months and must be in likeness of your current appearance
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo,
please proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
- Proceed to Step 2 by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 of the OneCard Photo site as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2”:
This page displays your account information used by MyPhoto:
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for the photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “CONTINUE TO STEP 3” button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you
are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please
crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to Step 4. You can
also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “Continue to Step 4”
Step 4 will display a sample of photo. Compare the sample photo with your OneCard shown with your uploaded photo.
- Click on the radio button that answers the following question:
Does your photo look like the given example?
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance
and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool:
I have reviewed the necessary photo requirements of Seneca College. I understand if I submit a photo that does not meet the requirements or is improperly formatted, my submission may be delayed until a suitable photo is resubmitted and a fee may apply. I hereby certify the information provided is correct and the photo I am uploading is a true image of myself. I understand by submitting this photo it will become part of my official record and can be used for official purposes. Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the OneCard system.
- Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the Seneca College OneCard system.
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display that will contain your tracking number as shown below:
Thank you for submitting your photo to the Seneca College OneCard Photo Upload Site.
Your photo has been successfully uploaded to our database.
The tracking number of your photo is #########.